Visa application sent in - CheckVisa application approved-  Check
Freaking out about actually moving- More than I imagined. 




Now with everything done, as to what I needed to do for actually moving to Scotland, I can focus on the actual moving part. Which happens to now be absolutely terrifying. It wasn't until everything was sent in and accepted, but I no longer have that problem which is why I am absolutely freaking out about moving abroad. 

  1. Trying to book the perfect plane ticket. I don't want to leave to early ( I have to make sure to say all of my goodbyes) and I want to start early enough so that I can kinda settle before orientation on Jan. 12th. Oh, yea and I also depend on my leave date based on ticket prices #cheapcollegestudent
  2. PACKING..... What can I say, I am moving for 3 years meaning that I will need to pack things for all 4 seasons, books/research stuff, holy technology (3 laptops, 1 camera, phone, etc.) and all of the other stuff aka clothing/shoes. Plus I have to pack it all in 2-3 suitcases...
  3. MONEY like any other poor college student, the money conversion and being broke terrifies me. Yes, I have quite a lot of saving, but I know how quite a lot (for me anyway) may not go that far. As for figuring it out, I think for at least 6 months I should be good to go and then after that will be interesting! 
  4. Finding a place to live. This is actually number one, but I was trying to go in some type of chronological order. And yes you read that correctly, I have no place to live yet! I have been looking at a couple of websites for flatshares, but until I am there, it is just hard. 
  5. Starting a PhD program. Yikes, another degree, school and advisor. All of these things are terrifying. Questions like- What if I am not what they expected? What if I am not smart enough? What if I just suck in general? Are only a few of the ones in my head. 
  6. Navigating Scotland. Being from America and where I grew up, public transit was not something that I ever used! Personally, I am excited about the idea of not having to drive, but the idea of making it everywhere via walking/public
  7. Meeting people. I love to have a social life, a tiny one, but none the less a social life. I am hoping to find a place that will have roommates open to social nights out and helping to show me the city. 
  8. Being alone. I guess this should have higher as well. I am moving away from family and away from JC. For the last 6 years I have had fantastic support with JC always being there to push me, and of course, my family has always been there. 
  9. Travelling. I personally want to see everything and anything that I can. I want to utilise my time in Scotland making sure that I not only explore Scotland but other places. While this is something that excites me, it is also something that scares me. My love for adventure is both expensive, exhausting and exhilarating. 
  10. Seeing how I will change. I am not sure that this scares me, but I do know that my life outlook will change. I am moving to a foreign country, I am starting a PhD, and I honestly have no idea what is in store for me!