Fascination and my lack of being a put-together stylish person led me to work towards building (purging) to a Capsule Wardrobe. The idea that you can have under 50 pieces in your closet and walk out the door looking put together BLOWS MY MIND. (Probably more so the idea of walking out and looking put together or easily picking something to wear for the day)



There are tons of resources out there that go over the 'why', 'how' and 'what' in terms of a 'Building a Capsule Wardrobe' but I am nowhere near as stylish as all of those people. I have no idea on what works well with what, or how to style '5 pieces 10 Ways', but still I am ready to try.

Last night I managed to go through all most all of my clothes and probably get rid of at least half. I still have my gold glitter pencil skirt that I thrifted over 5 years ago in Chicago and still have yet to wear - but that to me is a 'GOAL' item (aka continue on my workout / get fit streak and rock the shit out of that skirt on a night out piece) along with 5 too many pairs of trousers, but I started.

How did the purge go you may wonder???!?

It included trying on everything and looking in the mirror only to realize all of the oversized sweaters from H&M that I bought actually look like a giant bag on me or that while I firmly will defend my gold glitter pencil skirt, there was no need to keep jeans that were tight in all the wrong places.

That was my start to my 'Capsule Wardrobe' - sure I am not down to 36 (or even 50) pieces, but I did clear out 16 tops, 4 pairs of pants, 2 dresses, 1 cardigan, 2 Jackets, and 3 'Fancy tops'. That is a solid start in my book.

What's Next?!?

I still kinda have no idea, while I have a Pinterest board full of ideas on what makes a 'Stylish Capsule Wardrobe', plus maybe I need to figure out what I need my wardrobe 'for'. The problem is my typical outfit is jeans, a baggy t-shirt and trainers.

I know that needs to change, I need to 'try' maybe a pair of jeans and a fancy shirt with a pair of flats (oh my insanity I know), but that is a goal that I have made for myself, to try (which in turn I believe will help me feel more confident).

While I may be planning to try sooner rather than later - unfortunately today is not the day, as I am currently in jeans, trainers, and my BF's old cosy sweater, what can I say it was rainy out and the sweater is oh so cosy!

So cheers to step one of the 'Journey to a Capsule Wardrobe' - The PURGE. It is a small start, one that feels good to take as holy crap I had a ton of STUFF I never wore. Now onto the next step and figuring out what I have/ my style / what I need / Outfits.

Any advice is apperciated or any Capsule Wardrobe Blogs that you have for a 'style' challenged person!